Reports to: President and Executive Director
Term of office: September 1, 2017 to April 30, 2018 for 15 hrs/week
Position Description: Hired by the President, and Executive Director, the Human Resources Manager oversees all HR practices within WLU Student Publications and acts as a resource for volunteers and managers when needed.
Requirements: In order to be hired to the position of HR Manager, the candidate must be a member of WLUSP.
- Assist department heads with hiring of general volunteers
- Maintain centralized volunteer files
- Ensure orientation of new volunteers to WLUSP and their specific department
- Ensure new volunteers have received an orientation package
- Ensure new volunteers have read policy, signed code of conduct and any other pertinent documents
- Assist the President with discipline and termination when necessary
- Act as a resource surrounding human resource issues or concerns for volunteers and staff members
- Maintain regular office hours
- Attend all staff meetings, conferences and other events as required by the President
- Maintain communication with the Brantford Manager of Operations surrounding human resources in Brantford
- Liaise with Brantford Manager of Operations to ensure adherence to policy and procedures and proper file management.
- Oversee recruitment of volunteers on campus
- Ensure that departments are planning for their succession
- Ensure WLUSP’s compliance with the Ontario Employment Standards, Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
- Maintain an up-to-date mass volunteer list for WLUSP
- Assist the Executive Director and the President with maintenance of volunteer emails
- Assist the Vice-Chair with the President’s mid year review
- Assist the President with the Executive Director’s mid year review
- Prepare a transition report for the position of HR Manager
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the President or the Executive Director