Advertising Assistant – Waterloo
This position will report to the Wilfrid Laurier University Student Publications (WLUSP) Advertising Manager and must have knowledge or experience with sales & client relations, Adobe Creative Suite, customer relationship software and/or audio production. This position will be located in Waterloo, Ontario for 30 hours per week for a duration of 9 weeks (Sept-Nov). This position will be compensated at $14.50/hour.
- Selling advertising in all of WLUSP’s media properties to community businesses (both in-person sales and cold calling skills are required)
- Developing strong connections with advertising clients and other influential members of the community as required by the Advertising Manager
- Assisting in the production and design of advertisements for online and print publications
- Assisting in the production of radio and podcasting advertisements
- Helping to ensure that the quality of ad products meet all standards and expectations of both WLUSP and clients
- Researching and assisting in the development of business plans
- Use of Microsoft Office Suite and other administrative duties as assigned
Applications are open until Friday September 4th, at 5 pm. Interviews to be held the following week. Anticipated start date is September 11th, 2020.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high number of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Please note that these positions are funded through the Canadian Summer Jobs grant. For applicants to be considered, they must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*;
- Be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.