Student Publications is currently hiring three full-time, paid staff positions for Summer 2012. The following positions are currently open for hiring.
This position will report to the Student Publications Advertising Manager, and must have strong grasp of the Adobe Creative Suite. Responsibilities include:
- Selling advertising in all of WLUSPâ€™s media properties to community businesses (both in-person sales and cold calling are required)
- Designing advertisements for print publications
- Assisting in the production of radio advertisements
- Assisting in the distribution of The Cord and Blueprint Magazine
- Researching and assisting in the development of business plans
This position will report to the Cord Editor-in-Chief. Responsibilities include:
- Designing and producing layouts for the WLUâ€™er student handbook
- Designing other materials for WLUSP and its departments
- Preparing office documents
- Assisting the Cord Editor-in-Chief in the production of the newspaper and upkeep of thecord.ca
Archives and Office Assistant
This position will report to the Student Publications President and Executive Director. Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is an asset. Responsibilities include:
- Working with the President and Executive Director to update all office filing
- Assisting in the research and development of business plans
- Organizing WLUSPâ€™s history projects, including promoting public access to the Cordâ€™s online digital archives
- Assisting the President and Executive Director in day-to-day business management
All positions require a strong understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite and filing. Successful applicants will be able to work in a fast-paced, fun work environment.
The anticipated start date is May 28th, 2012.
Applications are open until Wednesday, April 25th at 5pm. Applicants must submit a cover letter and rÃ©sumÃ© to firstname.lastname@example.org, with interviews to follow on April 26th.
Please note that to be considered, applicants must be returning to school (secondary or post-secondary) in the fall of 2012.