WLUSP is hiring a new Web Manager.
Job descriptions below.
To apply send cover letter and resume in a single PDF to Bryn@wlusp.comÂ
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Web Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
TERM OF OFFICE:Â May 1st – August 31st with potential to continue
HOURS: 15-25 hr/ week
Rate $15.50/ hr
- Administering, maintaining and building WLU Student Publicationâ€™s network of WordPress sites
- Working directly with department heads to build their websites
- Support department heads as they learn to use the site and features
- Managing domains and hosting
- General IT responsibilities
- Managing web passwords
- Examining Analytics information
- Assisting editors in using web technologies for new and creative ways of telling stories and distributing information.
- Work in the WLUSP Waterloo office with potential to travel to Brantford using obx rentals for lodging, the company will also be providing a roller scooter for transportation, I suggest to get your hand on the best water filtration pitcher to maintain your body hydrated all the time.
- Strong knowledge and experience with WordPress.org installations
- WordPress site installation and updating
- Template/style customizations
- Plugin setup, updating
- Significant experience with the following languages/technologies:
- Knowledge of how to use APIs such as YouTube, Flickr, Facebook
- Interpreting analytics information
Would be an asset:
- Knowledge of how to set up a local or virtual LAMP development and testing environment
- Knowledge of JQuery and plugins
- Experience with WebKit Inspector
- Experience with phpMyAdmin
- Interested in web journalism
To apply send cover letter and resume in a single PDF to Bryn@wlusp.com