Laurier’s official, student-run community and campus radio station, Radio Laurier, is currently looking to hire students the 2019-2020 academic year. If you’re interested in communication studies, web design or student media, and want to make next year Radio Laurier‘s best yet, make sure you get involved!
*The application process is currently ongoing: for each position, please submit a resume and platform to email@example.com specifying which position(s) you are applying for.
NOW HIRING: WEB EDITOR
Job Location: Waterloo or Brantford
Job Summary: The Web Editor is responsible for the maintenance of Radio Laurier’s website including, style, format and content.
Application: Please include some examples of high-quality websites, explain why you chose them, and what features would be most valuable to have on our website? Additionally, review Radio Laurier’s current website and provide critiques, positives, and any of your goals.
- Adhering to the WLUSP Code of Conduct
- Attending all other meetings or conferences as required by the Station Manager
- Hiring, training and managing all Web Assistants
- Updating and maintain the website and its content
- Maintaining a record of Google Analytics to track website traffic
- Monitoring comments on the Radio Laurier website
- Facilitating workshops for Web Assistants
- Working with other Radio Laurier members in a respectful and inclusive manner
- Promoting synergy with other departments of WLUSP
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the Station Manager
About These Roles
These roles give you the opportunity to grow your professional skills and challenge yourself in an environment focused on growth and development by creating high-quality products that are enjoyed by the Laurier and Kitchener-Waterloo community. They provide a great opportunity to build experience in media, student journalism and creative fields, and allow you the chance to be apart of one of the most inclusive, friendly, and fun organizations on the Laurier campus. In the case of performance that exceeds expectations, these positions are also financially compensated by means of an honorarium on a per-term basis.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the type of volunteer position you’d like to contribute to, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following requirements:
- Subject line “Radio Laurier Application: [Insert Position Title]”
- A resume (.pdf is preferred) detailing experience relevant to the position
- A brief cover letter regarding your interest in the position and what you feel you could bring to the publication
Thank you for your interest in joining Radio Laurier‘s team! As applications are on an ongoing basis, and due to the high number of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted for a follow-up interview.