WLUSP is hiring summer staff for the 2016 Summer term
4 positions currently available:
This position will report to the Student Publications Advertising Manager, and must have strong grasp of the Adobe Creative Suite. This position will be located in Waterloo, Ontario for 35 hours per week.
- Selling advertising in all of WLUSP’s media properties to community businesses (both in-person sales and cold calling are required)
- Designing advertisements for print and online publications
- Assisting in the production of radio advertisements
- Researching and assisting in the development of business plans
This position will report to the Cord Editor-in-Chief. This position will be located in Waterloo, Ontario for 35 hours per week.
- Designing and producing layouts for the WLUer student handbook
- Designing other materials for WLUSP and its departments
- Preparing office documents
- Assisting the Cord Editor-in-Chief in the production of the newspaper and upkeep of thecord.ca
This position will report to the Student Publications President and Executive Director. Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is an asset. This position will be located in Waterloo, Ontario for 35 hours per week. Responsibilities include:
- Working with the President and Executive Director to plan, organize, and participate in WLUSP Summer Media Conference (Camp)
- Assisting in the research and development of business plans
- Assisting the President and Executive Director in day-to-day business management
Brantford Office Assistant
This position will report to the Student Publications Executive Director. This position will be located in Brantford, Ontario for 30 hours per week.
- Assisting in day-to-day office management
- File organization
- Assisting in distribution of class composites for convocation
- Technology assessments and procurement
- Preparing for Orientation Week
- Assisting The Sputnik Editor-in-Chief with summer issues
All positions require a strong understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite and filing. Successful applicants will be able to work in a fast-paced, fun work environment.
Applications are open until Wednesday May 25th at 4pm. Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org , with interviews to follow on May 26th and 27th. Anticipated start date is May 30th. We offer good salary and coupons for elo boost services.
Please note that to be considered, applicants must be returning to school (secondary or post-secondary) in the fall of 2016.