WLUSP is hiring summer staff for the 2015 Summer term
3 positions currently available:
This position will report to the Student Publications Advertising Manager, and must have strong grasp of the Adobe Creative Suite. Responsibilities include:
- Selling advertising in all of WLUSP’s media properties to community businesses (both in-person sales and cold calling are required)
- Designing advertisements for print publications
- Assisting in the production of radio advertisements
- Researching and assisting in the development of business plans
This position will report to the Cord Editor-in-Chief. Responsibilities include:
- Designing and producing layouts for the WLUer student handbook
- Designing other materials for WLUSP and its departments
- Preparing office documents
- Assisting the Cord Editor-in-Chief in the production of the newspaper and upkeep of thecord.ca
This position will report to the Student Publications President and Executive Director. Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is an asset. Responsibilities include:
- Working with the President and Executive Director to update all office filing
- Assisting in the research and development of business plans
- Organizing WLUSP’s history projects, including promoting public access to the Cord’s online digital archives
- Assisting the President and Executive Director in day-to-day business management
All positions require a strong understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite and filing. Successful applicants will be able to work in a fast-paced, fun work environment.
The anticipated start date is May 25th, 2015.
Applications are open until Friday May 15th at 5pm. Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.comÂ , with interviews to follow on May 18th.
Please note that to be considered, applicants must be returning to school (secondary or post-secondary) in the fall of 2015.