Reports To: President, Executive Director
Supervises: Blueprint Volunteers
Term of Office: May 1, 2017 to April 30, 2018 for 15 hrs/week
Job Description: Hired by the President/Publisher, the Blueprint Editor-in-Chief is responsible for overseeing production of Blueprint on a monthly basis and ensuring all deadlines are met. The EIC hires and supervises the work of all Blueprint staff and volunteers.
- Responsible for hiring the management team and overseeing the hiring process for general volunteers
- Ensure all volunteers are properly oriented and trained
- Meet regularly with management team
- Manage all direct report staff and ensure the effective supervision of all staff and volunteers
- Ensure that all Blueprint staff and volunteers are informed of and compliant with WLUSP policy and code of conduct, etc.
- Facilitate regular professional development activities for Blueprint staff and volunteers
- Oversee and participate in activities undertaken to recruit and orient new Blueprint staff and volunteers
- Conduct mid-year reviews with members of the management team
- Prepare and manage Blueprint’s budget
- Attend all staff meetings unless due warning is provided to the President
- Attend all meetings and conferences as required by the the President
- Ensure that Blueprint Magazine is sent to the printer on time
- Responsible for the overall production of Blueprint Magazine and blueprintmagazine.ca
- Manages and oversees all uses or representation of the Blueprint logo or brand
- Prepare reports for the BOD as required by the BOD or President
- Prepare a year-end transition report for the next EIC of Blueprint Magazine
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the President/Publisher.