Reports To: President, Executive Director
Supervises: Radio Laurier Management, DJ’s and General Volunteers
Term of Office: May 1, 2017 to April 30, 2018 for 35 hrs/week
Job Description: Hired by the President/Publisher, the RL Station Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of Radio Laurier. The Station Manager hires and supervises the work of all Radio Laurier volunteers.
- Responsible for hiring management team and overseeing the hiring process for general volunteers
- Ensure volunteers are oriented and trained
- Meet regularly with management team
- Facilitate Radio Laurier annual general meetings
- Manage all direct report staff and ensure the effective supervision of all staff and volunteers
- Ensure that Radio Laurier volunteers are informed of and complying with policy, code of conduct, etc.
- Facilitate regular professional development activities for Radio Laurier volunteers
- Oversee and participate in activities undertaken to recruit and orient new Radio Laurier staff and volunteers
- Conduct mid-year reviews for Management team and ensure/assist theÂ Programming Chair with mid-year reviews for DJs.
- Prepare and manage the Radio Laurier department budget
- Attend all staff meetings unless due warning is provided to the President
- Attend all meetings and conferences as required by the President or ExecutiveÂ Director
- Work with the President to complete a Strategic Plan for Radio Laurier to be presented to the Board of Directors for approval at the last BOD meeting of the fiscal year
- Prepare a year-end transition report for the incoming Radio Laurier Station Manager
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the President