WLUSP has two spring/summer positions currently open:
Advertising Assistant – Waterloo
This position will report to the Student Publications Advertising Manager and must have knowledge or experience with Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Customer Relationship Software and/or audio production. This position will be located in Waterloo, Ontario for 30 hours per week for 9 weeks (June-July). This position will be compensated at $14.50/hour.
- Selling advertising in all of WLUSP’s media properties to community businesses (both in-person sales and cold calling skills are required)
- Developing strong connections to advertising clients and other influential members of the community as required by the Advertising Manager
- Assisting in the production and design of advertisements for print and online publications
- Assisting in the production of radio advertisements
- Helping to ensure that the quality of ad products meet all standards and expectations of both WLUSP and the client
- Researching and assisting in the development of business plans
Conference Coordinator – Waterloo
This position will report to the President & Publisher and must have knowledge or experience with Adobe Creative Suite. This position will be located in Waterloo, Ontario for 30 hours per week for 9 weeks (June-July). This position will be compensated at $14.50/hour.
- Organizing high-quality workshops, training sessions, speakers and accommodations for the conference
- Assist in the orchestration, planning and execution of conference events, training sessions, and overall structure, creating a detailed schedule and itinerary package
- Planning at least two days’ worth of events, working within a limited operating budget
- Coordinate transportation for those who are unable to make it to the conference otherwise
- Daily office management
All positions require a strong understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite and filing. Successful applicants will be able to work in a fast-paced, fun work environment.
Applications are open until Friday, May 17th at 5 pm. Interviews to be held the following week. Anticipated start date is June 1, 2019.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume in a single PDF to email@example.com.
Due to the high number of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Please note that these positions are funded through the Canadian Summer Jobs grant. For applicants to be considered, they must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- International students are not eligible participants.